1. What is your full name?
My full name is Nadia.
2. Where are you from ( city, state, country)?
I'm from Kiev, Ukraine.
3. Where did you go to college? For how long? Would you like to go back to school?
I went to college in Ukrain for 3 years and I continued in the United Staes for another 3 years. I would not like to go back to school right now.
4. ( If the interviewee went to college)... What was your major in college and what kind of degree did you earn? Did you attend graduate school for an advanced degree? If yes, What degree and at which school?
In college, I majored in education in Ukraine and Librarianship in the United States. I earned Master's degree in library science.
5. What made you choose your career you are working in now?
I actually worked as a librarian in Ukraine and I loved it so, I worked in the United States as a librarian.
6. Why did you choose this particular job at this particular company?
I lived in Brooklyn so, I applied for a job and they assigned me to Mapleton Brooklyn Public Library.
7. Describe the process in which you got your job. Did you interview? With how many people? How many times?
Yes, I was interviewed with 3 or more people. I only interviewed only one time.
8. How long have you worked here?
I have worked here for 22 years.
9. What is your job title?
My job title is the senior librarian.
10. What do your duties include? Another way of asking this question is, " What kinds of work does your job involve?'
1) assist patrons with reference questions
2) Reader's advisory - recommending books for people.
11. What are some of the challenges you have faced working here?
1) serving public
2) The library became a community central with very broad aspect of service.
3) Staff shortages because of the budget crises.
12. What is the best part of your job?
The best part of my job is helping people to find the things they need.
13. What is something you would like to change about your job?
If we have more staff, it will become less stressful and establishing better communications.
14. Did you work somewhere else before the job? Where? for how long? How was that job similar or different?
I have never worked anywhere in the United States before.
15. What do you see as your future with this company? If you plan on changing jobs,what will you do?
If I was planning to change jobs, I would like to be a cycologist.
16. Do you enjoy the kid of work you do? Why or why not?
Yes, I enjoy the kind of work I do because I like to help people.
17. Do you ever plan to open your own business? If so, what kind of business will you open? Where will you open it?
No.
18. How has having and intern helped your company or organization?
Having interns is really helpful because of the staff shortages.
19. What advice would you give to teenage interns ( such as myself) getting ready for college?
Think things very slowly before you do them.
20. What advice would you give to teenage interns ( such as myself) preparing to find a career in the real world?
Don't be hard on yourself. Choose what you like and don't choose it really fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment