Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Post 8- Thank you letter

Thank You Letter
Dear Ms. Tracey Mantrone,
         From all my honor and respect. I thank you so much for being such a great mentor to me. I really enjoyed working with you and all the Mapleton staff members and the part- timers. All of you guys been such great teachers and friends to me. Every time, I enter Mapleton Brooklyn Public Library, I feel like I’m entering my house because everybody is so great and have sense of humor. All of the staff members been really nice to me and treated me as one of the workers there. I really love the way you handle people and treat them. You are a great teacher that people want to follow in your footsteps. You are really responsible and organized.
         I am thankful to you for teaching me how to be responsible, organized, and independent. Thank you for giving me these opportunities on how to be a better person in the future. All these skills will help me in all aspects of my life. Thank you for teaching me how to use my skills too in this kind of job. For example, putting the books in alphabetical order before I shelve them.
         I’m really amazed of how the staff members handle patrons when the situation is really stressful. They are always helpful to others and willing to do anything to help others. I understand that some of the staff members had been working as a librarian for over 10 years. That’s really amazing because they really love that job. I really appreciate you giving me the opportunity to volunteer at Mapleton library. This experience helped me a lot especially because it’s my first time working at all. Also, this experience showed how people are working at a library especially for managers and librarians and their typical day. I am really proud of interning at your site because it made me accomplish goals in my life. Thank you so much for everything you did to make me a better person. I wish you a good luck on everything you want to accomplish in the future. I will miss you a lot and take care.

Sincerely,
Lina Banna

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lina:

    I am sorry that I could not spend more time working with you. Unfortunately, my promotion came through shortly after you started at Mapleton, and I had to spend much time wrapping up my work there before moving on. I'm glad that you had positive experiences at Mapleton. I wish that you had felt more comfortable about asking questions. Please feel free to contact me at Clinton Hill if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete