Friday, April 29, 2011

Post 9 - Final Reflection

1. Look back to your earliest posts. What were your goals? Did you achieve these goals? If so, what did you have to do consistently to achieve the goals?
                Looking back at my earliest posts, my goals were to be more organized, responsible, and to be able to communicate with adults. That's exactly what I achieved. What I did to achieve these goals is that I kept practicing them everyday at the internship by organizing the books on the shelves and do the job that I'm assigned to. I'm really happy with my achievements.
2. What are the most important ideas or skills you’ve learned in the last 12 weeks?
               The skills that I learned are how to be more responsible, organized, and having fun at the internship. Learning these skills was really helpful for me.
3. In what ways have your grown as a student and young adult?
               Some ways that I have grown as a student/ person is being able to work and interact with adults. Also, seeing the work that they do.
4. What were the highlights (memorable moments) of your internship experience?
               I think some of the highlights from my internship is coming everyday to internship on time and doing the job I'm suppose to. Now, I would call that a highlight because I never knew that I was a good person who comes on time until I had this job.
5. What have you learned about the professional world?
               Something that I learned about the professional world is that you can't achieve something unless you work really hard for it. That's exactly how I achieved my goals. Also, Don't be afraid of interacting with the people around you at work becayse they are actually the same as you. I'm saying that because at first, That's what I used to think but that changed. Now, I'm openminded about people and working with them.
6. What challenges did you overcome?
               Two challenges that I've overcome are interacting with adults and shelving books. Interacting with adults was one of my challenges because at first, I didnt interact with the people that I work with at all so that was a problem because when you don't talk to nobody, you feel lonely and you don't like the place that you work in. So, I tried to talk with the workers at the library and that worked. Another challenge was shelving books. Shelving books was also one of my challenges because at first, I didnt know where every book goes so, sometimes I used to put the books anywhere I want if I didnt know where are their places. So, I knew that what I was doing wasn't helping because I'm suppose to do the opposite. One strategy that I used is that I went and asked the other part timers that work there to help me and abviously they did hThat's how I overcome my challenges.elp me with all the things that I needed help with.
7. If you were to start internship next week, what is at least one thing you would do differently?
             
              If I was to start my internship next week,something that I would do differently is take the skills that I learned about interacting with people and use it because I think that this strategy would help me a lot in internship and in the future too.
8. Think of two to three pieces of advice you could offer a new intern at your site.
              Three advices that I would give to a new intern at my site are :-
                 - Don't be afraid of interacting with adults that you don't know
                 - You can't achieve something, unless you work really hard for it
                 - Choose/ make decisions slowly because if you choose fast, you may not like what you choose so think it through.  
                 - Always ask for help whenever you need it.                     
9. What will you miss about your internship?
              What I will miss about my internship is helping people/ patrons that used to come to the library. Also, I will miss the staff members that used to help me in everything that I needed help with. Thank you guys so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment